Westchester County Historical Society

Historian Highlights

From The Westchester Historian

Seven Springs Farm

By Jane Kelsey, from the Fall 2021 issue (Volume 97, Number 4) of The Westchester Historian. The main house at Seven Springs Farm. The year 1908 found financier Eugene Meyer, Jr. driving around the back roads of Westchester and Fairfield counties searching for a summer and weekend home. He found what he was looking for near Mount Kisco—a property with rolling hills and woodlands high above Byram Lake, which included a farm with an eighteenth-century farmhouse. In 1909 he purchased acreage in the towns of Bedford, New Castle and North Castle, which contained several parcels that were known as the Reynolds farm. Other parcels

All Online Articles from The Westchester Historian